Thursday, April 26, 2012

Chicken Enchiladas

This is Kiersten's recipe, although I have made a few changes to morph it into the dish I cooked up.  I kind of consider her recipe more of a method than an exact science.

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c sour cream
1 small can diced green chiles
2 c grated cheese
3 c cooked cubed chicken
6-8 flour tortillas, torn in small pieces

Mix all ingredients together.  Spread in greased baking dish and bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes. 

The dish freezes well.  Freeze uncooked, then thaw overnight in the fridge before baking as above.

I did not use soup and chiles, but used about 10 oz. of red enchilada sauce...about the same amount as a can of soup. (I use Las Palmas brand).  I also added 1 can of large olives, chopped, and a few green onions, chopped as well as I could get them chopped.  I used 6 large flour tortillas.  I did not measure the cheese cup for cup but probably used slightly more than 2 cups.

I have also made the dish with green enchilada sauce, and have used corn tortillas instead of flour to get a different texture.  Since corn tortillas are smaller I think 8-10 is about what I've used.   I can also see using a different meat or even a similar amount of cooked veggies (or a mix of the 2) but I haven't done that just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment